Fresh Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting



This cake was created to celebrate a 40th birthday.
The birthday girl's only request was a stawberry cake with cream cheese frosting.  It didn't matter to her what it looked like, she just wanted it to taste good.  Well, tasting good is always my top priority, but I really like for it to look good too!
If you know anything about my cakes, you know I just hate to deliver a short cake...don't know why, I just do.  Tall cakes just look prettier to me.
Soooo, to make this two layer cake have a little more impact I made it a four layer cake.  (To those new to baking...I'm not a magician, I just sliced each layer in half horizontally...really, someone would send me an email asking me how to do it...which is ok, just saving myself some time on the front end.)
I added fresh strawberries between layers of cream cheese frosting between layers of cake.
Rumor is that it was the best strawberry cake they had ever had.  
Poteet Strawberry Festival Cake
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 3-ounce package strawberry gelatin
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 10-ounce package frozen sliced, sweetened strawberries, thawed
(or 1 pint fresh berries, sliced and mixed with 1/2 cup sugar)


In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.  Beat at medium speed for 2-3 minutes until well blended.  In two greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans, pour the batter and bake 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.  (Use toothpick method to check for doneness.)  Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. 
Serves 12 - 16




Enjoy!
Smiles!!!


Linking to:





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS